Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gators!

While I was in South Florida I lived about 5 miles from the Everglades.  I instantly gained a fascination for alligators and learned that they are actually pretty aggressive.  Here are some of the photos I took.


Blue Heron




Blue Heron eating a fish.

Vulture

Chomp Chomp!




This man told us if you stand by the bank, the alligators will begin to gather around because they think you are the next kill.  So we tried it out and he was right!  Gators start to just pop up here and there.  You have to be careful cuz they are super sneaky!  I had one jump while I was standing down by the bank...YIKES!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

these pics are so creepy! they look like they popped out of national geographic. Good job, ricky!!

Joanna Galbraith said...

Cool, Rick! I love these pictures. They scary, k? I want to hear about your life in GA now, too. Keep up the blogging, hunny.